User Login

Boomerang Carnets in Off-Road Magazine

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Boomerang carnets® is featured in the July issue of Off-Road Business Magazine as sole service provider in the U.S. and Canada of the timesaving and money-saving customs document, Carnet de Passages en Douane or CPD, also known as the Vehicle PassportRead it here.

Off-Road Business Magazine covers updated, and targeted information considered a must-read for off-road activities and related businesses.  The magazine is noted for delivering informative and entertaining articles about the world’s leading companies and services provided across all forms of motorsports.  Boomerang is honored to be featured.  The article covers who we are, the savings and convenience CPDs provide, and notable customers we have had over the years. 

The CPD is an international customs document which covers the temporary admission of motor vehicles (private and commercial road motor vehicles) in countries where required.  A Carnet de Passages en Douane (CPD) is like a passport for a vehicle to enter multiple countries for temporary importation without having to pay the import duty and taxes.

The CPD is invaluable to all in the Off-Road Community whose trips across borders are a matter of concern.  For Off-Roaders looking to take a road vehicle across international borders, the CPD will save you time clearing customs and avoid import duty and taxes you would otherwise pay at the borders you cross with your vehicle.  Acceptable Carnet Vehicles include new and used passenger cars, new and used motorcycles, recreational vehicles (RVs), and trailers.  The CPD serves as a customs declaration identifying the vehicle to be imported and constitutes an international guarantee for the Customs authorities of the payment of any customs import duties and import taxes chargeable should the vehicles not be re-exported.

Boomerang is appointed by the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) to issue CPDs in both the U.S. and Canada.  If you have a vehicle leaving the U.S. or Canada on a temporary basis in the coming months or any time in the future, call Boomerang’s CPD Specialist Kiel Ursin.  You can reach him at (847) 852-3149 or via email.  For more information, see boomerang carnets’ dedicated CPD website HERE.

If you are located in the U.K. and need a CPD, just call the Carnet HelpLine® at 0808.189.3400 or email us and we can refer you to one of our trusted partners in the U.K. who can accommodate your needs. 

See our Trustpilot 5-Star Customer reviews.  

It matters where you get your carnets.  Visit to learn more.