User Login

Film, Video, Entertainment and Tours

ATA Carnets facilitate cultural exchange.

  • Symphony orchestras,
  • film and video production companies,
  • dance troupes,
  • rock bands,
  • opera companies,
  • choruses,
  • theater productions,
  • circuses, and
  • museum exhibits

going on tour or shooting overseas can use an ATA Carnet to clear foreign and U.S. customs without paying duties or taxes. (Mexico Now Accepting Carnets)

List of Film Commissions that are familiar with using carnets for film and video shoots.

Special benefits are available for League of American Orchestras members including Carnets "Play the World" Grants. (See Traveling Musicians from the League and League Travel News) ATA Carnets can be used for hand-carried instruments and equipment as well as freight. Orchestras and orchestra members can use the same carnet but travel on different itineraries using CIB's Carnets "Play the World" program.

For Foreign Production Insurance Packages we suggest contacting a specialist in this field: Film Emporium.